Pages

Workout Supplement and Vitamins

One of the questions is, 'Jeff, what do you take for your supplementation? What are you exactly taking from morning until night?' Well, I figured, I'll open up my cabinets for you, and I'm going to show you why that's important in just a second.

We'll come back and point to that. But I actually take my vitamins and i'm going to tell you where I take them throughout the day and why. And then I have my workout supplementation as well. A lot of you guys will probably have something that looks somewhat similar to this, and that's a lot of bottles.
Now, I take a lot of these things for a lot of different reasons some of which are insurance policy because I can tell you guys that even though I eat extremely healthy and admittedly, I am one of the healthiest eaters out there, I still feel there's certain things that I'm not getting enough of, and if I can take them in supplemental form, they act as an insurance policy for me.
Now that being said, there's certain things that I don't think, especially when it comes to workout nutrition, that you're going to get the workout benefits from them unless you're supplementing.
You're simply not going to get enough creatine in your diet from eating foods alone especially not on a consistent basis. So, there's certainly some workout ingredients that will be much more beneficial to you in supplemental form.
But let's start off on this end over here. I kind of have my fatty acids. And again, I take omega-6 fatty acids in the form of evening primrose oil. And I take my high grade omega-3 fatty acids.
Now, the omega-6, some guys would say, Jeff why would you even bother taking omega-6? We know that in large amounts, omega-6's can actually be inflammatory as opposed to anti inflammatory. Well, if you had a diet that was the typical diet based on high sources of vegetable oil or from highly processed foods using vegetable oil, that might be the case.
I don't eat any of that crap. I eat such a low processed-food diet that I don't really have a high amount of omega-6's floating around. And also, omega-6's are highly stored in body fat.
Again, I don't have a lot of body fat as we speak. So, I tend to need a little bit of supplemental omega-6's, and of course I balance that out, because the ratio is very important, with my omega-3's. And I take 3 a day of the omega-3's and this is a pharmaceutical grade omega-3.
This is my father's own Dr. C's omega-3's fatty acid. These are the ones that we sell at ATHLEANX I sell these because I have more experience with this, as you can imagine, than any in my life.
I've taken this for the last 20 years. My father is a physician for those of you guys that don't know. He produced a pharmaceutical grade EPA/DHA concentration of omega-3 fatty acids and this is exactly what I take.
I believe in it so much obviously that I actually even give it to my dogs. I have it lined up usually right over there next to their food which by the way anybody, since this is behind the scenes video, who's always asked about what that vegan formula is there, that is my dog, Darla's.
She's a vegan. Go figure. Well, that's the idea. Again, I recommend to you and my family only the things that I would take myself. So we take the omega-3's. Then I have this sort of array of antioxidants for a lot of different purposes.
I have vitamin C, 1500 milligrams that I take once a day. Now, I'm not so concerned again as an antioxidant of taking vitamin C of having too much because it's a water soluble vitamin.
You know, whatever I'm not going to use, I'm actually going to eliminate and pee out. So I'm not so concerned here, but again, insurance policy. Vitamin E, same thing. A lot of the guys out there who are watching probably take vitamin C, vitamin E, but again, this is a fat soluble vitamin, so you have to be careful that you're not just taking mega dosages.
For me, it's one time a day, 1000 iu's of vitamin E. CoQ10, another naturally occurring substance in every cell of our body. I take it as insurance policy. It has shown good protective health benefits for men, especially cardiac. And then we have my green tea extract which is again kind of a tweener. It serves as both an antioxidant, but it also has been shown to have an effect on blood sugar stability.
And you guys know that even my eating plan really revolves around the importance of blood sugar stability We've talked about it even from intermittent fasting. It's not so much that I don't think that that pattern of eating can help you in losing fat, but it's not the healthiest eating pattern if you want to stabilize our blood sugars which I think over the course of the day, and especially over the long run, is a very important thing to do.
So I take that in addition to eating the way I do. And of course the ultimate in the back-up plan, a multivitamin. You know, I think it's good to take a multivitamin for a lot of the micronutrients that maybe if you have some sort of extremism to your diet, you might be missing.
Finally, from the joint recovery side of things, I developed the Mechan-X, and this is our first NSF Approved for Sport supplement that we have now being used by MLB this upcoming season because joint recover I think is THE most overlooked element of recovery when it comes to training that there is.
We worry about our muscles, and again, from Dr. C's, this is the muscle side of recovery. I've done a whole blog on it. I'll link it in the video below, ah, in the description below, that you'll want to read over on our blog, about the benefits of omega-3's as a muscle-recovery agent.

But from the joint side of things, we have to make sure that we have that covered too. And this is my absolute best effort to do that. And myself, I can totally vouch for it. Anybody that knows my history knows I've had bad shoulder pain as I addressed in the video I think last week, and I had bad knee pains.
My leg workout suffered for a long period of time. But as you saw, even the last leg workout that I did, I can substantially lift a lot more weight now. My knees have never felt better. And I can totally pin that to me beginning my ATHLEANRX. So, anybody out there that's having joint issues, stop thinking about the fact that it's normal.No pain equals more gain, in my opinion.
You can get much more benefits if you're training without pain. And then it comes to workout nutrition. And when it comes to workout nutrition, guys, it's really, really simple. I think you need to keep it simple in that a lot of times you'll see the same sort of array of 100 bottles when it comes to workout nutrition.
Creatine, glutamine, branch-chain amino acids, protein powder, whey protein, casein protein, it doesn't have to be that crazy, guys. When we created the ATHLEAN RX Supplement** which again the exact same supplements that I take, everything here is exactly what I take.
This is my Pre-Workout. I take it 30 minutes before I work out. This is ATHLEANRx 1. The important thing about it is, no crash, no dangerous ingredients, none of the artificial highs that you get by taking some of those ingredients that have since A. Been banned. or B. Are simply not the right amounts to be dosing people with. We get the sustained energy without all the extreme highs and lows. This is what makes it so effective and anybody that has taken RX 1 can vouch for that.
For me, muscle recovery starts right after you train and we have an ATHLEAN-Rx2 which is ATHLEAN X-LR8. This is our kickstart to the muscle recovery process. We get the right nutrition in. We deliver creatin in the form of creapoline into your body at the time it needs it most which I feel is right after you train. And we do so in a complete form.
Our branch amino acids are in here. Our whey protein is in here. Everything is in the one formula. It just makes it a lot simpler I think. And then finally probably the most overlooked
of all elements is muscle recovery right before you go to bed.
If you think that you can just go to bed and a lot of times having the last time ou ate around 6 or 7 o'clock at night, you're missing such an opportunity to provide your body with the nutrition it needs while it needs it the most which is when you're recovering and repairing muscle.
All of your muscle recovery, guys, repairs, 90 percent of it occurs while you're sleeping. It's when your muscle regenerates. It's when your muscle restructures itself from the damage that you did and hopefully the good damage that you did in your workout earlier that day, if you're not providing it with the nutrition it needs, then you're missing out on a great opportunity.
That's what ATHLEAN-Rx3. And I never go to bed a single night without taking Rx3. So, the idea here guys is giving you a peek into exactly what I take.
This is it. Now again it might be a little bit daunting to some of you guys, or you might have a lot of it covered yourself, but for me it works. And this is the exact sort of step-by-step approach that i take and i will tell you one big step. Consistency. If you want to get the most out of your supplementation, be consistent above all else.
These vitamins that I order here, these vitamins, this brand, this particular brand was introduced to me by my Grandmother 25 years ago and I've been ordering the same kind for 25 years and I like how I feel.
I can just base it on that. I like how I feel. I think I look the way I want to look. I feel good every day. So, I keep taking it. And I stay very, very consistent.
Like I said, this cabinet up here. These are back ups so that when I run out of these, I can stay consistent. I prepare. So if you want to make sure that you really have your supplementations down, be prepared.
Get your supplements ahead of time. And make sure you have a steady stock of them so that you are able to keep your results coming and to keep your consistent approach not just in the gym but obviously here in the kitchen as well.
Guys, if you found this video helpful, which I hope you have again you've been asking for it for a long time, make sure you leave your comments and your thumb's up below
What are you guys thinking? Fill in the blanks. What else do you like to take in addition  to what I've got here. Tell me what you think. Why you take it, why you think it works for you, and that'll be a great discussion we can start below.
But in the meantime guys hopefully you found

No comments:

Post a Comment